Are you wondering what promotion your YMCA is going to be for the New Year?
How are you going to market it? Where are you going to spend your budget?
Taking your membership campaign can have a low cost and be effect for gaining new members.
Consider this. Most of your prospect’s eyes are online and inside of social media. As a marketers we need to follow our prospects eyes and get savvy online inside of social media. The average internet user spends 2-3 hours of time online and 75 minutes of that time is using Facebook and Twitter. That is only on average, so the time spent on social media could be much greater. So it’s time to transition some of your traditional marketing dollars into social media.
Compare the cost of using your budget on digital media versus traditional - the trade off will amaze you. Keeping a simple spreadsheet to measure member lead acquisition is important. You will need to track the total amount of visitors, total amount of lead forms completed, the total cost of the Facebook ads. Divide the total cost by the total leads and you will have your cost per lead. This number should be less using social media than traditional media and get better over time as you polish your efforts.
Here is a short list of the tasks you need to execute to launch a simple online membership campaign:
1. Change your Facebook cover images to match your campaign.
2. Update your website front page and have corner call outs.
3. Launch Facebook ads: you will spend anywhere from $.80 to $2.00 based on cost per click to target a specific demographic.
4. Change "About" info on Facebook page
5. Create tab app for promotion to link to promotion page - include auto play video (less than 30 seconds)
6. Create Facebook badge that is shareable for people who have participated
7. Create a referral page, allowing current and new members to share the information
Overall transforming a small portion of your marketing budget to social media is very important to recruiting new members to your organization. Be sure to take the time to create your campaign and match every aspect to the needs of your viewers and followers. You wil increase your traffic online and awareness.