The world is turning to mobile and we all need to stop, take a few moments and try to access our own websites for mobile usage. On average our team sees statistics that reflect 10% + of a YMCA website’s traffic viewed on a mobile device. Sometimes as high as 20%. This means that 1-2 people for every 10 are on a smartphone or a tablet.
Take a moment and go to your YMCA website on your mobile device. How does it look? If it’s not so good maybe it’s time to start planning to be “mobile friendly”.
Here are some things to consider......
• By 2013, more people will use their mobile phones than their PCs to get online (Gartner, 2010; Google Mobile Optimization Webinar 2011; Cisco, 2011)
• 71% of users expect a mobile site to load as fast as a desktop site (Compuware, “What Users Want From Mobile”, 2011)
• 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site (Compuware, “What Users Want From Mobile”, 2011)
• 79% prefer mobile sites for product reviews (Adobe Systems, “Adobe Mobile Experience Survey” 2011; eMarketer, 2011)
As a YMCA you can take this slowly. First put together a plan of action - here is a quick list..
1. Review your website statistics. Identify the top 5 most visited content areas.
2. Rank them from 1-5.
3. Create a budget to work with to convert your site to be mobile ready. $3500 is an average figure you can usually get a strong first generation mobile site built for.
Once you have these steps taken care of you are ready to dive into creating a mobile site and stay ahead of the curve.
Need help understanding this? Call us and we can give you some free advice and review your web stats with you anytime. Call James Harsh our "yGuy" 419-776-7000 ex 201
Stay tuned for the next post on this subject later this week!