And I always start with the same thought...
Why do you want to drive traffic?
Where do you want to drive traffic?
Are you sure?
"Nothing kills a bad product faster than good advertising"
You have all heard the old adage, "If you are going to invite company over to the house, what is the first thing you do?" Clean and organize. Throw out junk. Mow the lawn. Pick up the books. Sometimes you even throw on a little paint.
If your YMCA is having a membership drive or open house, I am certain that you and your team go through your own checklist and make sure the facility is standing tall. "Company is coming!"
However, the new members you seek have already developed thier first impression about you, before even stepping on your property.
They have visited your website.
Abundant research shows that internet searches have become the defacto starting point for purchasing decisions.
- 2012 Digital Influence Index Shows Internet As Leading Influence In Consumer Purchasing Choices
- 89% of Consumers Use Search Engines to Make Buying Decisions
- Study: 81% Research Online Before Making Big Purchases
So while you may be thinking about your physical facility prior to an event, are you also thinking about your digital facility? The one prospects will probably see first? Here are three ways to audit your digital property.
- Everyone (almost) now has a smartphone. 75% of all cell phones are smartphones which means this is how consumers will first visit your website. In fact, more internet searches are now conducted on mobile devices than desktop or laptop devices. So here is your assignment. Open your YMCA website on your own smartphone. How does it look? Mobile friendly or really small? While you are there, try to find your phone number.
- Is all the information on your site current? Are there any events still posted that have passed? When was the last time you changed out the photographs on your home page?
- Is the navigation easy to use from a visitors perspective? How many clicks does it take to find the information for swimming classes? Can the consumer sign up for a Free Guest Pass?
So now that you are thinging about it, what can you do? Call Thrive at 419-776-7000 or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.